Cheap Date Ideas. We have all been there where we are trying to figure out something to do for the evening and we are at a loss of fun and frugal things to do.
Ideally when you are trying to save money the best way to do so is by discovering creative ideas for cheap date nights at home. But what if you are wanting to do something different and you’re looking to get out of the house?
I created an extensive list of cheap and creative date ideas that are sure to spark some adventure and fun!
A quick back story about us! The mister and I have never been huge talkers, we are quite comfortable spending an evening together with very little conversation.
I know I know! Some people can’t imagine the thought of silence but for me, I enjoy the quiet times. I enjoy the evenings where there is very little to do and we are able to chill out and just relax.
However, don’t get me wrong, even though we aren’t always the biggest of talkers we definitely enjoy a good time out. We value the time we spend together and always have a great time doing something new and different.
Because I’m always looking for the best ways to be frugal and save money I decided I’d create a list of the best cheap date ideas to help my readers with creative date night ideas.
Sometimes the ability to spend time together gets the best of us, it’s so easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of life. There are a million things happening at once and at times we can forget to spend quality time with our special someone.
Planning a fun date night will help you relax and just enjoy some quality time together. Date nights don’t have to cost a lot, take a lot of planning, or require you to dress up.
Just plan something simple and fun, just for the two of you!
- Bake a fancy dessert together
- Search for the best lasagna recipe and make it together
- Go bowling
- Camp in the living room
- Go ice skating
- Mini golf
- Try a new restaurant
- Visit a local craft show together
- Watch a scary movie
- Thrift store shopping
- Outdoor concert
- Go Hiking
- Attend a local play
- Go to the movies
- Go to the gym together
- Hot chocolate + blanket + movie at home
- Take a dance lesson together
- Have a game night at home
- People watching… I know sounds weird but it’s actually pretty entertaining
- Make a photo album with pictures and memories from the year.
- Cook a fancy meal, dress up and set the table just for the two of you.
- Rock climbing
- Play pool
- Dollar movie theater
- Work on a puzzle
- Bike ride
- Make cookies and deliver to family and friends.
- Stay in your pajamas all day.
- Learn a foreign language
- Attend farmers market
- The Zoo
- Volunteer at a marathon together
- Pretend to be a tourist in your own town
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen
- Rearrange furniture
- Drive-in movies
- Go on a nice walk
- Have a picnic
- Rent a cheap cabin for a weekend or go camping.
- Make a fire outside and roast s’mores
- Work on a puzzle
- Make wish lists for yourself. Exchange and go over them
- Plan future travel
- Cuddle and watch a classic movie
- Make a seasonal bucket list
- Clean the house together
What is your favorite frugal date idea? Let us know in the comments!
Don’t forget to share and pin for later! While you’re there, I’d love for you to follow me on Pinterest